Effects Pedal Cables Review
I just got a new pack of these D’Addario/Planet Waves instrument, Effects Pedal Cables to redo my pedal boards, so even though cables aren’t super sexy, I thought I would give you guys my opinion of these things. Hey, everyone has to go cable shopping and it can be confusing. I still feel conflicted about using these in line with much more expensive cables.
I have been using them for about 3 years on my pedal board and have not had one break yet. They don’t seem to add buzz, interference, or noticeable coloration to my tone (at least to my ears).
- $10 for 3 cables is an amazing value. What you get for that price is unbeatable.
- 6 inches is a good length for most runs.
- The cable is extremely flexible and soft.
- Sealed cable will reduce issues with the environment such as corrosion and breakage from flexing.
- Great for effects pedals and patch bays.
- 2 year warranty.
- They only come in one length. I would like them in 0″, 3″, and 9″ lengths. They do make a 1′ cable but it’s straight-to-straight 1/4″ jacks only.
- More combinations of types of jacks like straight-to-angled.
- The angled jack could be reduced in size so that it sits more flush to the pedal for tight pedal board setups.
- You could buy more expensive cables and feel like you got value from spending all your lunch money.
Pick up some to try for yourself…shoot, you’ve probably spent more on some bad fast food that you had to throw out than these Effects Pedal Cables cost!
Here are the specs from D’Addario’s site:
In=Out Technology: Low capacitance for pure signal transparency
Molded plugs offer protection and strain relief
Shielding provides noise rejection for quiet operation
Angled-to-Angled 1/4-inch plugs for standard input jacks
2 year warranty